If you need to liquidate the majority of the items in an estate, then an in home estate tag sale is very effective way to move a lot of items and still realize maximum proceeds for your estate. It can be done and behind you very quickly.
Once you’ve decided to have a tag sale, it is better not to sell out or donate items individually. The higher the overall value of the estate, the lower our rates are and makes for a more successful sale overall.
We have experience selling complete estates and have buyers for the fine jewelry, coins, precious metals and vehicles. When you decide to have a sale, we take special care and attention to every detail to make your sale a success.
Please, Please, Please! DO NOT throw anything away. We have all heard that one mans trash, is another’s treasure and this is absolutely true.
TIMELINE – It usually takes 7-14 business days from start to finish, depending on the sale.
Setup - (2-10 days)
We bring in tables, arrange the items for sale and tag and price the items.
- There is only one entry/exit point – which is where the cashier is stationed.
- We have 3-6 employees during the actual sale.
- Higher value items are brought to the front room where they can be watched. Smaller items are put in a case.
- Payment is only accepted in the form of cash, this is to avoid chargebacks and it also insures that you are paid quickly after the sale.
- We put detailed written ads with photos on EstateSales.net (which links with our own website), Facebook and Craigslist
- EstateSales.net sends out approx. 6,000 emails to Denver subscribers. We send out 500+ emails out to our loyal customers.
- Local signage during the sale.
The tag sale usually runs 2-4 days.
After the Sale
- Clean out is typically done the Monday or Tuesday following the sale
- The items that remain after the sale are still yours to look through and keep whatever you want. Items that are still sellable are typically donated to charity.
- We do not haul trash or dispose of chemicals.
- Payment & settlement sheet are provided within 5 business days after the tag sale.